Earl Grey vs. Countess Grey
- Earl Grey was created about 200 years ago, while Countess Grey is a relatively new tea.
- Both of these teas have been created in England.
- Both of them belong to one family – Earl Grey was named after the British Prime Minister Charles Grey, and Lady Grey tea got its name after his wife
- The original Earl Grey has only 2 ingredients–black tea and bergamot oil, while Countess Grey always has at least 3 or more.
- Countess Grey will always have unique characteristics of Earl Grey, but will never taste as strong as Earl Grey.
- Both blends go well with milk and sugar and contain caffeine.